PAWANA MUKTA ASANA
(Wind Releasing Posture)
– Be prepared to be conscious of your breath and the pose.
– Lie down with your back completely straight. This may make you have your lower back slight raised from the ground.
– Legs have to be fully joined and straight as well. Knee straight and joined.
– Take 5-10 breaths. After which, you can have your legs bent. Keep the knee joined while you do so.
– Inhale deeply, and as you exhale, bring your legs closer to your chest in a way where your thigh touches the chest. Use your hands to lock your legs.
– Remain for a minute in this posture with your eyes closed and being conscious of each breath.
– Again, Inhale deeply and as you exhale raise your head in a way where you have your chin placed between both your knee. (DO NOT TRY THIS IF ITS YOUR FIRST TIME EVER INTO YOGA)
– Take 5-10 breaths and slowly get your head down.
– Remain again for certain breaths and then opening the lock you can then straighten your legs.
– It helps in releasing the blocked air from the body, making way for a proper flow of energy throughout. Thus, curing most of the digestive disorders.
– Massages your intestines and the abdominal muscles as well.
– Stretches the whole of your back, and thus having it strengthened.
– Kneel down, having your hips resting on your calves, your buttocks on your ankles placing your palms on your thighs, elbows at the side, back and the head erect.
– Take few breaths.
– Once done, inhale deeply. Then, holding your breath looking straight, place the palm on the in front of your knees on the floor.
– Looking straight exhale while bending forward.
– Once your abdomen touches your thighs, look down.
– Slide your hands at the front, making sure your shoulder and the back gets stretched and relaxed at the same time.
– Remain in this position for a minute.
– Once you are done, slowly look forward by raising your head up, and then inhale and bring your back up, making it straight.
– Repeat this posture a few times in the same way, to have it practiced.
– Very helpful in releasing Sciatica pain.
– Stretches your ankles, your back, your shoulders and the whole spinal column and thus, Helpful in reducing Stress, depression, anxiety, fear, insomnia and various other mental and physical disorders.